We stand For The Kids
Similar to AUDM, high school students raise money for Children’s Hospital at Midtown Medical Center at Columbus Regional Health. They learn the AUDM Mini Line dance, or a line dance they created on their own, meet the hospital’s families from the community, eat tons of delicious food, and participate in activities held throughout the day, all while standing For The Kids.
Why Dance Marathon?
- We’re different. Dance Marathon is directly involved in the difference that we seek to make. What we do changes lives.
- Dance Marathon and CMN will be organizations that remain relevant throughout your whole life. Whether you go on to get involved in Dance Marathon in college or have a friend that is treated at a CMN Hospital, the miracles we make will last a lifetime and will be present and apparent to you no matter where you go in life.
- As an organization that is 100% student led, it provides valuable leadership and service opportunities for all students involved. For example, Dance Marathon offers relevant career experience in event planning, fundraising, interpersonal relations, and teamwork. It’s something you can talk about in a college essay and build a resume around.
- Dance Marathon is the largest growing philanthropy in the nation.
- In the past five years, nationwide philanthropy suffered a 9% decrease in funding, but Dance Marathon funding increased by an astonishing 140%.
- Not to mention, it's a party with a purpose!
How to Get Involved
1. Attend Auburn University’s Dance Marathon on February 7th, 2015.
2. Host a Mini-Marathon
2. Host a Mini-Marathon
- A Mini Dance Marathon is a smaller version of Auburn University’s Dance Marathon. It is a school-sponsored event that benefits AUDM. The school’s committee decides the duration and event structure. It is run similar to a University marathon, meaning that students will enjoy fellowship with the amazing children and families from our local CMN Hospital, hear their inspirational stories, teach their own line dance, listen to live bands, eat fantastic food, and participate in competitive games.
- 5K Run
- Concert with local artists/ bands
- Pancake Fundraiser
- Mini Olympics
- Pie the Teacher
“Dance Marathon will help kids find passion. This could be their passion; they just haven’t found it yet. This isn’t a sport or competition, but is a service that will follow you for the rest of your life.”
If you are interested in hosting a Mini Dance Marathon, or if you have any questions on how to get started, please contact Carleigh Fell, Director of High School Relations at email@example.com.